Creating a fun and inviting place to start a conversation can be difficult, and encouraging interaction between strangers is no easy task. But, as Kalamadoodle continues to grow, we've been amazed by the connections made through our events. It's an incredible feeling to watch random people come together and bond over craft and creativity. We hope you've had a chance to talk to the people next or across from you, learn their name, and get a first-hand look into their imagination.
If you haven't, we'd like to offer a new way to know more about the people around you. We're thrilled that our Kalamadoodle events are full of interesting individuals with all types of professions and talents, and now we want to shine a light on you; the people who make this community special.
With that in mind, we're starting a new project on our website, Kalamadoodle Characters. Every month we'll dive a little deeper into the lives of our attendees and offer more opportunities to start a conversation.
Meet Becky Boensch!
“I love Kalamadoodle because, even though I draw at work all day, I don’t have much time to create art for myself.”
- She is currently employed at VML and her daily tasks include sketches and illustrations, as well as Flash and 3D animation.
- Since she was young, she has enjoyed creating stories and drawing pictures to tell them.
- After being enrolled in several art classes, her Grandmother encouraged her to attend art school, and she went to Kendall College of Art and Design, receiving her degree in Illustration. Becky went on to receive her Masters at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and moved back to Kalamazoo when her academic journey was complete.
- Becky has attended 4 Kalamadoodle events and can always be found drawing something creative and fun!
- Visit her website at: rsboensch.com
“I just love the idea of people hanging out and drawing.”
Thank you for sharing, Becky! We look forward to seeing you at another event soon!