Last month, we introduced our new monthly feature, Kalamadoodle Characters. Using this platform, we hope to grow the connections made during our events, as well as introduce the greater Kalamazoo community to the unique faces that make this city so fun and interesting. If you missed our first Kalamadoodle Characters post in January, you can learn about Becky Boensch here.
For the month of February, we met Kalamadoodle newbie, Scott Thomas, during our special Beer Week event at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts.
Meet Scott Thomas
- This was Scott's very first Kalamadoodle event, though other members of his family have attended previously.
- His wife is a member of a belly dancing group that is located down the hall from our studio space in the Park Trades Center.
- Scott feels drawn (pun intended) to creating concepts that evolve as the drawing progresses.
- He works as a pilot and is constantly on the move.
- Other creative interests include playing the guitar and reading books.
- Though Scott has no formal training as an artist, he recalled finding a love for drawing and painting in his youth (6th or 7th grade) and continues to find happiness in exploring them.
- Creativity runs in the family. Scott regularly enjoys spending time drawing with his son.
Thank you for sharing, Scott! It's awesome to see family ties strengthened through a passion for creativity, and hear that any job can lend itself to an active imagination!
We hope you've enjoyed this second Kalamadoodle Characters feature, and look forward to learning more about you, the wonderful people of Kalamazoo, soon. Stop by our next event at One Well Brewing and say hello!