It's a wonderful feeling to see all of the new faces at every Kalamadoodle event. Strangers sitting side by side, exploring their imaginations, and connecting with other members of their community in a fun and refreshing way.
An even better feeling, is seeing those same faces time and time again. Kalamazoo is full of so many awesome people that we now have the pleasure of calling friends. Knowing this project means something to you all is what keeps Kalamadoodle going!
For the month of March, we're thrilled to introduce our newest Kalamadoodle Character, Mary Brownell. She has been doodling with us for quite some time and has some awesome design skills!
Meet Mary Brownell
- Mary is a graduate from the Culinary Institute of Michigan and currently works at the Food Dance Market.
- She started exploring the world of typography after being introduced through Youtube videos.
- Her art space at home features a large table with buckets of pens and pencils for her to create.
- Believing creativity comes in may forms, Mary in inspired by listening to show tunes as well as making trips to The Heritage Company antiques store to gather ideas for new art pieces.
- In addition to her type-focused work, she is enjoying a new exploration into water colors.
- Mary has been involved in almost every Kalamadoodle event, and we truly enjoy having her!
Thank you for sharing, Mary! We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!