Kalamadoodle Characters is a monthly-ish series that introduces an attendee to the greater Kalamazoo community. Through these quick, bullet-point style interviews, we hope that you can learn more about your neighbors, find a common interest, and be encouraged to meet a new friend at one of our events.
Meet Kevin "TK" Frantz
- Kevin was born in Pittsburg, but found his way to Michigan and has been here ever since.
- He credits the pro skateboard graphics and hockey teams logos, especially from the 1990’s to late 2000’s, as defining artistic elements of his youth, and is still inspired by them today.
- Kevin fondly recalls recreating these graphics in detention ;)
“Its really cool to see all these pro [skateboarders] have their graphics hand-drawn again and have that nostalgia factor come back.”
"I like to think of new ideas, or bring back ideas from the past, to create new inspiration for others.”
- Kevin just graduated from Western Michigan University with a degree in Communications, and his dream job would be working Public Relations in skateboarding industry.
- His favorite part of Kalamadoodle is the community.
“I'm a bubbly, outgoing person. It's fun to meet a lot of people, and I like going out and talking to everybody. That’s the best part of Kalamadoodle. Just come out and draw! I don’t care if it’s a stick figure, a smiley face, or if you're doing a really cool landscape. Just come out and have fun. It’s not intimidating. It shouldn’t be intimidating.”
“Art is silent communication, but it speaks volumes.”
"Just have fun. Have fun with it. Don’t think about all the surrounding things in your life that are negative. Just be positive and have a good outlook on everything, and live to be happy.”
Thank you for sharing, TK! We appreciate your support and hope to see you at our next event, Wednesday, January 15th at One Well Brewing!